My shining star

My shining star

Friday 2 November 2012

Post for the Scrapbook Stamp Society: Add Lace

Good morning to all you lovely people in blogland - You very nearly didn't get a card from me today - stop that cheering!!!! No honestly - I'd earmarked the playbarn on Thursday afternoon as the perfect opportunity to get some crafting done - and I did get some done but the place was heaving!!!! So it wasn't a very inspiring environment to work in! Nevertheless - I soldiered on - and then after two classes of torture (aerobics and boxercise) in the evening I climbed the ladder into my attic and finished my card .... but before I show you that - I must show you my little saint - she's going to be the silver angel in the school play and we finally managed to get her some wings and a halo yesterday .


I know I'm biased but isn't she just the cutest angel ever??!!!

Anyway - onto the card - I've used a digi from Sherri Baldy  called no name mermaid with seahorse - so sad - she needs a name - anyway you can get her here.


I've coloured the digi using promarkers and added lace that was left over from my wedding garter - now that was made nearly 8 years ago so you can see I was scraping the barrell when it came to finding lace! There's also flowers and shells, gems and pearls on there as well as buttons! The papers are from  a mixture of sources.

I'd like to enter my card into the following challenges:

scrapbookstampsocietychallengeblog: Add Lace
thatcraftplaceblog Tic tac toe - lace, gems, buttons
papertakeweekly: Sketch 73
songbirdchallenges: Could it be magic?
PMS:papermakeupstamps Layers
bearlymine-challenges Flowers galore
twistedtuesdaychallenges - anything goes
craftsandmechallenges- Bling it up
digihaven anything goes
digitaltuesdaychallenge Fabulous fibres - does lace count?

That's all for today - I'm hoping to get a little more crafting done tonight whilst I take Lucy to Jujitsu - I can't believe how fast this half term has gone - it just seems like yesterday that they were breaking up - and come Monday they'll be back at school and starting the run up to the silly season!!! Deep breath!!!!

Thanks for dropping by and I hope to see you again soon!

Hugs

Rachel xx



26 comments:

  1. Morning Rachel your daughter looks adorable and yes I think she is the cutest angel ever!! Gorgeous card love the image and yes it's sad she has no name, coloured beautifully and I love the layout. Caroline xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rachel - your daughter looks such a sweetie and is sure to knock 'em down at the play!!! Beautiful card - such a pretty image and so sad that she has no name! Great colour scheme. Enjoy your peace and quiet next week when the girls are back to school.
    Love, Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello, Rachel your card is lovely and your daughter is a beautiful angel - a real sweetheart. Vee xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooooh Penny looks a real little a angel. Onto the card gorgeous image just love it, and you have made it beautifully

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Rachel, trying hard to do a catch-up...she is a devine angel, love the halo and wings. Your card is a stunner, love the cute seahorse. Hugs, A x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awwww yes, definitely cutest angel ever and such a pretty smile too! I used to love watching the school nativity plays even though they always made me cry!
    I love your card, the image is so pretty and the colours are gorgeous
    I hope you have a good day, I agree this week has gone too quickly
    Hugs Sue

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your card is very cute and your angel is beautiful also. Thanks for playing with us at Twisted Tuesday Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi, your card is beautiful. The image is so cute and I like your colour combo. Thank you for joining us at Songbird Challenge this time, good luck in the draw:)
    Hugs charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  9. lovely coloring and image,thanks for joining us this week at Bearly Mine Challenges.
    hugs
    Donna xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely card! Great job with the layers! Thank you for joining the Digi Makeover Challenge.
    Ruza ~ DT

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very cute angel indeed. Love that image and such pretty colours.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Another lovely card Rachel and another lovely photograph of one of your girls, she will make a lovely angel.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Aww, Rachel, she's adorable! Love your card too....fab image, lovely colours & love all the layers! Hope you're well, my friend......have a lovely weekend!
    Hugs Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a darling image! LOVE the pastel shades you've used! Thanks for joining us at Digi Haven! A gentle reminder that you must use and link to a freebie digi in order to qualify for any honors and prizes. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Rachel, what a cute Angel, your daughter is adorable!!
    Love the card, colours are fantastic! Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Rachel , Penny looks so fab as a silver angel isnt she sweet.
    Love your card its gorgeous Thank you so much for joining us for “Could it Be Magic” at
    The Songbird Challenge and GOOD LUCK .
    Hugs Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  17. Awww, how sweet! thanks for playing at Twisted Tuesdays :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful card. I love the image, so cute. And your little angel is adorable too!
    Thanks for joining us at Twisted Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is very sweet! Lovely image...
    Thanks for joining us in our challenge at Digi Makeover.

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a lovely card you have made here which fits perfectly the Bearly Mine Designs Challenge this week. Thank you for entering and best wishes in the draw. Kym (Bearly Mine Challenge Blog Design Team)

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a great angel! Your card is great!!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Your daughter is precious! And that little mermaid is so cute and you are right she needs a name! :) I'm sad because she isn't a free digi for the Digi Haven challenge but still happy that you shared her with us. Maybe before the month is over you can create another card with a free digi for our challenge.
    ~sandy
    visit my blog @ sandy's crafty creations

    ReplyDelete
  23. Lovely and cute! Thank you so much for joining us at our last Challenge over at Digital Tuesday.

    Hugs, Natascha

    ReplyDelete
  24. Pretty card. Thanks for playing at Digi Haven. The next time you play, could you use a free digi...then you will be eligible for the winner's circle. Thanks.
    http://iwycd.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. Such adorable mermaid card. Beautiful with all details. I always love mermaid and collected many many mermaid stamps...
    Thanks for sharing with us at Song Bird Challenge.
    Hugs, Nancie

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou so much for leaving a comment - it really does mean a lot to me! Hugs Rachel xx